Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Charcoal mmm

I am horrible at keeping up with blogs/journals/any really. Obviously. But I need to practice at blogging regularly because I need to keep a blog when I'm in China this semester. I'm studying western painting there for four months (ironic, maybe).

I just spent a week in New Orleans visiting family. The last night I was there I drew my grandpa's portrait:


I wish I had more time to draw my grandma and try again with my grandpa. I hadn't drawn a portrait like this in a long time... I forgot I much I love it. I really did enjoy sitting down with people and drawing their portraits last year at Cedarpoint. For some reason, people love to talk when you're drawing them. I met many interesting characters last summer. My grandpa always has so much to say, I'm so glad I was able to spend some time with them this year.


Here is an old drawing (done 1.5 years ago?), it's probably my favorite large scale charcoal portrait:

No comments:

Post a Comment