Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sketch and News Dump!










Whew!  Here is an assortment of pages from my sketchbook from the beginning of 2012.  Some of the more illustrative sketches are for a project I'm working on, I can't wait to share it.  It's one of the most inspiring projects that I've had the opportunity to work on, and it's also my first commission based off one of my personal pieces.

I just started an internship at BLT & Associates in Hollywood in the theatrical campaign division (movie posters!!), and they have figure drawing every Wednesday morning led by an amazing fashion illustrator.  He used to work in New York in the 1950s doing fashion illustration, and he worked for Bullock's department stores as well.  This is my first big-time real-life internship, and it is a dream come true.

In January, I went to the St. Louis Art Museum with a good friend and my mom.  They have little stools you can borrow and set up anywhere for drawing.  So much fun.  Ben Franklin was an excellent model.

Aaaaaand, one day I will get a scanner.  :P

3 comments: